As Head of Algorithms at mPrest you will:
- Manage a group of about 10 algorithm developers, algorithm consultants and researchers.
- Mentor the team and assign them to different projects, tasks and deliveries, oversee the quality of the code.
- Recruit new talents and develop the group structure.
- Lead the development of advanced, creative and novel solutions for complex problems in the smart energy domain using machine learning, times series forecasting, mathematical optimization, probability and statistics, hazard analysis, etc.
- Manage the balance between delivering to customers within tight deadlines while continue to work on long term goals.
- Work closely with the product team, development managers, the sales team and the senior management.
- Customer facing from initial sales and until final deliveries. Ready for overseas travelling.
- Communicate regularly with the customers and internal overseas teams.
- Lead and push forward the company’s roadmap for algorithms and analytics.
What you should bring to the team:
- M.Sc./ Ph.D. in computer science, electrical engineering, mathematics or other applicable domains is expected.
- Degree in electrical engineering is highly advantageous.
- Knowledgeable in probability theory, machine learning and statistics
- 5+ years of experience in algorithm development, data science and programming. Preferably in Python as well as another structured language such as C++, Java or C#.
- 4+ years of experience in leading development teams.
- 4+ years of experience of delivering to production.
- Strong communication skills