mPrest is seeking a Project Manager to manage the delivery of a DERMS (Distributed Energy Resource Management System) project to a strategic customer in the Brisbane, Australia area.
The Project Manager will:
- Determine and define project scope and objectives
- Plan and oversee project resources and budgets needed to achieve objectives and in an effective and efficient manner
- Track project costs to meet budget
- Develop and manage a detailed project schedule and work plan
- Provide project updates on a consistent basis to various stakeholders about strategy, adjustments, and progress
- Utilize industry best practices, techniques, and standards throughout entire project execution
- Monitor progress and adjust as needed
- Measure project performance to identify areas for improvement
- be responsible for managing and coordinating communications and delivery between the customer, and mPrest’s SW Development & Delivery teams, Quality Assurance, PMO, IT, HR and all relevant stakeholders, ultimately leading to a successful delivery.
- A degree in Electrical Engineering is preferred. A degree in computer science/engineering, industrial engineering, or other relevant degree will also be considered.
- Ten years’ experience in delivering power and energy related projects to utility customers.
- Deep understanding of power engineering.
- Proven experience in complex project delivery, including system engineering, integration with utility platforms (SCADA/DMS/OMS/ADMS/GIS/Historian/CRM), software development, standard off the shelf products, web and cloud interfaces, and understanding of distributed energy resources (PV, storage, EV Charging, etc.)
- Understanding of distribution utility, aggregator, and energy market business.
- experience in offshore (remote) team management
- PMP Certification
- Strong familiarity with project management software tools, methodologies, and best practices
- Strong interpersonal skills and extremely resourceful
- Experience in reporting and representation to “C-Level” stakeholders (within the company and at the customer side)
- Highly reliable
- Team player
- Strong communicator, possessing excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong work ethic
- Independent and creative thinker
- Highly motivated and initiative
- Methodical and accurate
- Willing to travel internationally